Thursday, December 30, 2010

Things for which I am thankful...

This Christmas I have been able to think about all that I am thankful for. I am thankful for being given the opportunity to step into my dream of becoming a nurse. I am thankful for being granted a scholarship which will allow me to go to uni. I am thankful for slowly learning that life is tough. Very tough. But it is worth it, every single bit of it.

I am especially thankful for my friends and family. I am thankful for everyone who has shown me that I can trust them and allowed me to become the person I am right now.

Mum and Dad have been there to support me, to show me that anything is possible. That I can do it. If I really wanted. They let me grow. Thrive. I am thankful for that. I love them more than anything in the world.
I am thankful for my siblings, my neice an my nephews.

My friend, L has always been there to talk to me, listening to me whinge, whine and bitch. But she has also been there to share some of the most amazing moments of my life. She was with me to celebrate my 18th and we spent the week being complete and utter losers. We had fun. I am thankful for that. I hope we celebrate many more birthdays together. I know I can trust her and I know that I can go to her at any time, for any reason. She is incredible.

Over the last year(ish) I have had the chance to get to know one of the most beautiful, strong and inspirational young women in the world. E has allowed me to see that for every dark day, there are so many more beautiful days that make life worth living. She allowed me to see that no matter how alone I feel, there is always someone there. I am privilaged to have been blessed with such a lovely friend. For that, I am thankful.

What are you thankful for?

xx Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment